DUO "Glacial Ice & Matterhorn"
1. Glacial ice on volcanic sand in Iceland.
2. The summit of Matterhorn mountain in Zermatt, Switzerland.
All art prints are signed on the back, numbered and available either framed or unframed. This is the first and last edition of this limited print run of 15 prints. A certificate will be provided.
My idea as photographer was to condense an edit of pictures with aesthetic coherence which benefitted from a transformation into black and white. Monochrome brings out structures and shapes. The content should match my photographic style: "Simplicity, serenity and minimalism paired with authenticity and a pinch of humour." Traditional images of landscapes bore me. There needs to be an edge, a story being told or an emotion being provoked in the beholder. I try to achieve this trough a certain level of abstraction, allowing the pictures to maintain their representational properties but at the same time allowing for various interpretations of the landscape.
My aim was not only to print exclusive images of landscapes, but also to select a rare and high quality paper, as well as using a relatively new printing process for black and white photography. I chose the handcrafted Japanese Awagami Bizan art paper over a glossy one. Due to structure and authentic imperfections of this natural fibre paper it emanates a certain warmth. The Awagami Bizan is a luminary in traditional Japanese papercraft with a rich historical background. And the carbon based Piezography printing process is considered to be the highest-standard in monochromatic printmaking.
Traditional handmade Japanese Awagami Bizan art paper, 100% kozo, 200gr/m2, pH neutral. A video of the production process is available here.
Printed with Piezography® Pro system by blackprint studio, unarguably the absolute highest standard in black and white art printing. Thanks to nine monochromatic carbon-based inks, a huge variety in combinations of different tones is possible in this pigment printing process. It results in a broad range and dense modulation of shades of grey. No colour is added to create a gamut of smooth warm and cold tones.
The optional but suggested high quality black wooden (oak) frame is made to measure by HALBE-Rahmen with anti-glare glass in museum quality. This German manufacturer received several design awards for its magnetic frame technology, such as the Red Dot Design Award and the German Design Award.
MEASUREMENTS AND PRICES
2 x A4 (paper size 210 x 297 mm, frame size 260 x 347 mm):
- CHF 340.- two prints only
- CHF 600.- two prints incl. frames
2 x A3+ (paper size 329 x 483 mm, frame size 380 x 535 mm):
- CHF 550.- two prints only
- CHF 960.- two prints incl. frames
2 x A2 (paper size 420 x 594 mm, frame size 470 x 644 mm):
- CHF 770.- two prints only
- CHF 1'320.- two prints incl. frames
- Card payment (Mastercard, VISA and others based on your country of residence) over PayPal Guest Checkout without need to create an account.
- Revolut (Please contact me by email prior checkout if you wish to use this payment option: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Switzerland and Liechtenstein: 2 weeks (free)
- Worldwide: 3-7 weeks (Shipping costs will be calculated at checkout. Potential custom fees and taxes have to be payed by the recipient.)